How To Start A Business Online
Starting an online business in other to make money for yourself and quit your 7 to 6 sedentary job is the aspirations on many. However, having the step-by-step knowledge of how to start a business online becomes elusive to them. This is partly to the fact that many do not just trust anything online related. Here on this article, I have written down seven confirmed steps you could follow to set up a thriving business online, in jiffy.
To tell you that you are in the right place, where you stand a chance of learning how to start a business online: The domain name of this site is OnlineBusinessGuide.info, and its title is Online Business Ideas.
From the aforementioned, you could understand that this site centers on providing you with tips on stuffs that gonna help you stand firm in your online business ventures. With regards to this article, you will be learning steps to starting any kind of online business in breeze. I produce every articles on this site, having the domain name and title of this site in mind: business online ideas. The World is now a global village, in the spirit of greater human interaction in business online, I hereby drop this step-by-step guide on how to start a business online.
This post on how to start a business online represents my sole opinion, and that of other sound minds, to which I am subject. I arrived at this after conducting series of researches on how to start a business online. This online business set up steps outlined below will always work for any business that is intended to be based online.
Quick note: Your business could currently be based on the street of wherever you stay, but these seven step guide on how to start a business online will help in maximizing your profit.
There is a proven sequence of steps you can follow to guarantee your success when you’re starting a business online. I’ve seen thousands of people start and grow successful businesses online. These PEOPLE DID NO MAGIC. They simply followed this sequence of steps below,which you too can:
- You should JUST Find a need and fill it.
- You should JUST Write copy that sells.
- You should JUST Design and build an easy-to-use website.
- You should JUST Use search engines to drive traffic to your site.
- You should JUST Establish an expert reputation for yourself.
- You should JUST Follow up with your customers and subscribers with email.
- You should JUST Increase your income through back-end sales and upselling.
Anyone, from newbie to seasoned online entrepreneur, can benefit from this process in learning how to start a business online.
Step 1: To Starting a Business Online, You Should Find a Need and Fill It.
Most beginners to the online business world always make the mistake of looking for a product first, and a market second.It starting up a business online does not work that way. There are steps involved, and that is why you should take this online business startup guide seriously.
As a beginner, to boost your chances of success, start with a market. Finding a market for your prospective business is not a rocket science. The trick is to find a group of people who are searching for a solution to a problem or several problems, but not finding many results or the needed results. The internet makes this kind of market research easy:
- Visit credible online forums to see what questions people ask and what problems they’re trying to solve. For example, you could visit forums like: Nairaland, Warriors forum, and Quora. There you can easily read up what people are actually searching solutions for.
- Do keyword research to find keywords that a lot of people are searching, but for which not many sites are competing. Use the services of various online keyword research tools for the process of finding favorable keywords that suits you.
- Check out your potential competitors by visiting their sites and taking note of what they’re doing to fill the demand. Then you can use what you’ve learned and create a product or service for a market that already exists–and do it better than the competitors. In addition, Hit CONTROL(ctrl) + U on your keyboard to see watch their source code of their pages. These products and services could be in form of directing them on how to go about their needs through a well written article guide.
Step 2: You Should Write Copy That Sells.
There’s a killer sales copy formula that takes visitors through the selling process from the moment they arrive to the moment they make a purchase:
- Arouse and capture their interest with a compelling headline.
- Give description the problems your product or services solve.
- Establish your credibility as a solver of this problem.
- To affirm your competence add testimonials from people who have used your product and services. Even though this might be fake
- Talk about the product and how it benefits the user.
- Make an offer.
- Convince them by making a strong guarantee.
- Create urgency.
- Ask for the sale.
Throughout your copy, you need to focus on how your product or service is uniquely able solve people’s problems or make their lives better. Think like a customer and ask “What’s in it for me?” On how to start a business online, this is a major step.
Step 3: You Should Design and Build Your Website.
It is time to create a website for your business. Once you’ve got your market and product, and you’ve funneled down your selling process. At this point now you’re ready for your online-business, and needs to create a website. Remember to keep it simple and snappy. You have fewer than five seconds to grab someone’s attention–otherwise they’re gone, never to be seen again. Some important tips to keep in mind:
- Choose one or two plain fonts on a white background.
- Make your navigation clear and simple. It should be the same on every page.
- Only use graphics, audio or video if they enhance your message.
- Include an opt-in offer and Contact Form plugin so you can collect e-mail addresses.
- Make it easy to buy–no more than two clicks between potential customer and checkout. That is, if you are operating an online store.
- Your website is your online storefront or service delivery warehouse, so make it customer-friendly.
To get details, click this: How to create a website in breeze
Step 4: You Should Use Search Engines to Drive Targeted Traffic (buyers) to Your Site.
Pay-per-click advertising COULD be capital intensive as a starter. However, it is the easiest way to get traffic to a brand-new site. It offers two advantages organic traffic
First, PPC ads show up on the search pages immediately.
Secondly, PPC ads allow you to test different keywords, as well as headlines, prices and selling approaches. Not only do you get immediate traffic, but you can also use PPC ads to discover your best, highest-converting keywords. Then you can distribute the keywords throughout your site in your copy and code, which will help your rankings in the organic search results.
Be that as it may, Per-per-click is no match to organic traffic which comes to your site naturally from searches. It is the best form of traffic that every online business yearns for. Its advantages, to mention but few, are: it is free, it is of targeted traffic, it is long-lasting, and brings a lot of conversions.
Online Business Ideas recommends Organic traffic. Although unlike Per-per-click traffic, Organic traffic does not happen overnight. You have to earn it vie your Search Engine Optimization efforts.
Quick note: On how to start a business online, this step is very crucial. You might have a very well designed website, but with no traffic, it is useless. Unleash your SEO expertise on this step to make your business online a success.
Step 5: You Should Establish An Expert Reputation for Yourself.
Make yourself a Go-To-Guy. Establish yourself as an authority. People search the internet for information. Make sure that you have series of convincing articles about your business. This way, you can leverage the use of certain keywords that people use while searching for a particular business online.
Provide that information that people search for free on your site. that is why you are a business guy. Like I mentioned above, drop an article that solves a problem on your site,and on other sites with a link back to your site. Do this, but do not over do it, lest it appears a spam. This way, you’ll see more traffic and better search engine rankings.
The secret here is to always include a link to your site with each article or post your drop on other sites.
- Give away free, expert content. Create articles, videos or any other content that people will find useful. Distribute that content through online article directories or social media sites.
- Include “send to a friend” links on valuable content on your website. In addition, make sure you have share button enabled on your website
- Become an active expert in industry forums and social networking sites where your target market hangs out.
You’ll reach new readers. But even better, every site that posts your content will link back to yours. Search engines love links from relevant sites and will reward you in the rankings.
Step 6: You Should Use The Power of Email Marketing to Convert Visitors to Buyers.
To keep your visitors informed of your new articles, or how your site is fairing , leverage on the power of email marketing to derive more sales. When you build an opt-in list, you’re creating one of the most valuable assets of your online business. Your customers and subscribers have given you permission to send them email. That means:
- You’re giving them something they’ve asked for.
- You’re developing lifetime relationships with them.
- The response is 100 percent measurable.
- Email marketing is cheaper and more effective than print, TV or radio because it’s highly targeted.
Anyone who visits your site and opts in to your list is a very hot lead. And there’s no better tool than email for following up with those leads.
Step 7: You should Increase your income through back-end sales and up-selling.
Here I mean you should up your sales ante. Note: One of the most important internet marketing strategies is to develop every customer’s lifetime value. At least 40 percent of people who have purchased from you once will buy from you again if you follow up with them. What I suggest here is that your should offer your subscribers or visitors complementary products and services.
Closing that first sale is by far the most difficult part–not to mention the most expensive. So use back-end selling and up selling to get them to buy again:
- Offer products that complement their original purchase.
- Send out electronic loyalty coupons they can redeem on their next visit.
- Offer related products on your “Thank You” page after they purchase.
Reward your customers for their loyalty once in a while and they’ll become even more loyal. We have seen Super bloggers like John Chow and Linda Ikeji thread this path, and are still doing it. Therefore, when your online business grows to their level, you too should hand out freebies to your visitors.
The internet changes so fast that one year online equals about five years in the real world. But the principles of how to start and grow a successful online business haven’t changed at all.
If you’re just starting a small business online, stick to this sequence of steps on how to start a business online. When online for a while, do a quick review and see if there’s a step you’re neglecting, or never got around to doing in the first place. You can’t go wrong with the basics.
YOU MIGHT ALSO LIKE: The Seven Types of Businesses